Ahead of the Xbox and Bethesda event on June 12, Microsoft has invited the media and the public now to several announcements related to the expanded Xbox ecosystem, including an app that will be released. Available for the first time only on Samsung Smart TVs, cloud expansion, new tools for independent developers with Project Moocroft, new features and gameplay improvements on Microsoft Edge.
Image credit: Microsoft
Bring your own games to Xbox Cloud Gaming
- Later this year, Microsoft will offer Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members the ability to play games they already own or have purchased outside of the Xbox Game Pass library from the cloud.
Xbox games on your Samsung Smart TV
- Microsoft is partnering with Samsung to bring the Xbox app to 2022 smart TVs so you can play cloud-enabled Game Pass Ultimate games without a console.
- This means that hundreds of cloud-enabled games in the Game Pass Ultimate library will be playable on smart TVs that don’t have a console.
- Playing Xbox games on Samsung 2022 TVs will be a seamless experience similar to using any other streaming app on your TV. From 30 June.
- New to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate? You can sign up and get your first month for just $1.
Above: Xbox app menu interface on Samsung Smart TV
Cloud gaming expansion
- Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) launches in Argentina and New Zealand on June 9.
- Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members in Argentina and New Zealand can play hundreds of games from the cloud on Android phones and tablets, iOS devices, Windows PCs, and Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One, and soon on Smart TVs with launch partner Samsung.
- Argentine and New Zealand players can play Fortnite with Xbox Cloud Gaming for free and without a subscription.
- Project Moorcroft is a program that will bring fun and discovery playing new curated demos of upcoming games for Xbox Game Pass members.
- The software will start rolling out over the next year, starting with giving independent developers around the world more opportunities to get data and excitement for their games.
- Participating developers will be able to see how their demos perform, and Microsoft will compensate developers who participate in the program, allowing them to bring their creativity to Xbox and reach new audiences with Game Pass.
New gaming features in Microsoft Edge
- Games new tab page : A gaming homepage with news, game guides, live streams, game highlights, tournaments, upcoming games, and the Xbox Cloud Gaming Library, including easy access to recently played games and related content.
- Clarity Enhancement : The built-in Clarity Boost feature makes playing on the cloud more straightforward and clear when playing in the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows.
- Games List : Provides easy access to popular free games like Microsoft Solitaire, Atari Asteroids, Microsoft Jewel and Microsoft Edge’s exclusive Surf game, and helps discover new games.
- Efficiency mode : Helps improve gaming performance on Windows 10 and 11 to run quickly and smoothly by automatically reducing browser resource usage when you start a game on PC.
Game updates for Windows 11
- The optimizations for framed games are designed to dramatically improve latency and unlock other gaming features including Auto HDR and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR). This is currently being tested in the Windows Insider Program, learn more in this blog.
- The new HDR Calibration app will allow gamers to improve the color accuracy and consistency of their HDR displays. Learn more in this blog.
- Game Pass Widget will allow players to browse and discover Game Pass games and return to their recently played titles.
- The control bar contains a list of the latest games and shortcuts to popular game players, including the Xbox app. The control bar allows players to return to their games or even access Xbox Cloud Gaming without the need for a mouse and keyboard. This is currently being tested in the Windows Insider Program, learn more in this blog post.
Xbox Design Lab
The Xbox Design Lab lets players all over the world express their personality and unlocks billions of possible combinations. Starting June 9, we’ll be expanding this audience and range of customization and color options.
- This includes new pastel colors: soft pink, soft orange, soft green and soft purple. Plus the new Camo top cases with matching side covers – Mineral Camo, Arctic Camo, Forest Camo, Sandglow Camo and Blaze Camo.
- Xbox Design Lab launches in 11 new countries: Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Norway, Slovakia, and Switzerland, and we’ll add Taiwan later this summer.
Read also: The ‘Achievements’ of the 007 Golden Eye Engine have been (still) discovered
#Xbox #SmartTV #app #access #greater #access #Xbox #Game #Pass #Cloud