The National Institute of Public Health of Quebec (INSPQ) is a center of expertise and reference in the field of public health in Quebec. Its objective is to produce and transfer knowledge, and to suggest strategies as well as cross-sectoral actions that will improve the health and well-being of the population.
Its mission is to support the Minister of Health and Social Services of Quebec, regional authorities and public health practitioners as well as institutions and physicians in the exercise of their responsibilities, by making their expertise and specialized services available. L’Institut apporte aussi son soutien et son expertise à d’autres acteurs, comme les autres ministères et organismes gouvernementaux, les milieux de l’enseignement et de la recherche, les organismes canadiens auto et internation en santé milie publique, les grand public.
The development of scientifically reliable answers that are useful for decision-making is a prerequisite for enabling the Institute to fully fulfill its roles of expertise and reference and to act as a scientific leader in addressing contemporary public health problems and needs. To do this, the Institute invites the diverse and interdisciplinary expertise of its staff, the plurality of available knowledge and the contribution of research. In carrying out its mission, it is essential to keep the quality of its products and services at the highest level and to be part of a continuous process of improvement.
Through this commitment, the Institute is formalizing the standards of the Scientific Quality Framework of institutional scope In order to define its entire approach.
Foundations of the Institute’s commitment
The Quality in the institute is an essential feature of everything we do. It is the work of everyone: professionals, doctors, members of expert committees, managers, technicians, support staff, etc.
The Rigor and scientific integrity are the core values Quality directs our business and forms the basis of the trust that our customers, partners and residents place in us.
The INSPQ quality curricula are built on the basis of best practices Internationally recognized for the different areas of expertise involved.
L ‘continuous commitment Towards compliance with recognized quality assurance processes and high standards maintains the reputation of our organization.
The Institute’s global and collective commitment
At the Institute, we commit collectively, at all levels of the organization, that every scientific product or service we develop will be of the highest quality in the time available to us to implement it. Quality is a top priority for the organization. It is recognized as such by the members of its management committees and its board of directors.
Laboratory quality and services
The Institute’s commitment to quality has been applied for several years to the cutting-edge services offered by its laboratories: the Poison Center of Quebec (CTQ) and the Laboratory of Saint-Public de Québec (LSPQ). Specific normative and audited systems are put in place to ensure the quality of their services as evidenced, in particular, by their accreditation to ISO/CEI 17025 and ISO/CEI 17043 for CTQ as well as ISO 15189 and ISO/CEI 17025 for LSPQ. . The Institute reaffirms the full importance of quality management systems applied in laboratories, which attests to the credibility of their work. The Institute undertakes to follow up and implement all necessary efforts to support these systems, considering that their performance as well as the performance of all its components constitute essential links that cannot be separated in the required continuous improvement process.
Quality and scientific production
The following obligations specifically relate to the Institute’s scientific production included in the Institutional Classification of Products and Services.
Seeing the quality of scientific production
Through a quality approach, the Institute aims for excellence by proving that it produces and transmits the best possible scientific knowledge in a timely manner to meet the need, provide added value to its clients and partners and, in general, make a positive impact on the health and well-being of the population.
The Scientific product quality It represents to the Institute its ability to produce, for its clients and partners, the transfer of relevant knowledge, according to rigorous, open and transparent methodologies, in a useful and timely form taking into account its means.
More specifically, Scientific production quality It has the following characteristics of the institute:
- presents the essential aspects of the issue to be examined, taking into account the needs of the population and relevant stakeholders;
- Scientifically rigorous, relying on all contributed data and knowledge to respond to it; and on proven methods and methods;
- Takes into account the main principles of current theoretical and working frameworks in public health;
- It involves work to be done quickly by drawing, as needed, on all expertise, both internal and external, in the areas concerned with the matter;
- It takes into account the contextual elements of the studied problem, as well as the population and actors involved;
- is transparent insofar as its methodology is clear, its peer review processes and disclosure of potential conflicts of interest are noted;
- It arrives on time, in a format that is easy to customize by the recipient(s) and in accordance with the correct use of the French language.
Specific obligations related to scientific production
The Institute also undertakes to:
- type of products and services Review them periodically in order to match the specificity of the product in appropriate ways and to make it more clear to the customer the nature of the agreed production;
- Its methods and methods be framed by revised institutional norms, standards and tools according to evolving knowledge and needs and respecting the diversity of expertise involved;
- Institutional knowledge production processes Explicitly created, announced and updated periodically in accordance with best practice standards;
- Roles and responsibilities of internal staff and external collaborators To be identified for quality and reviewed on a regular basis, as required;
- Professional development, training and promotion To be at the heart of its qualitative procedures of institutional scope;
- performance indicators and goals They are created annually in order to assess the effects, progress or difficulties of the actions carried out;
- audit It is carried out periodically on the basis of these indicators with the aim of continuous quality improvement and the development of a solid quality culture;
- Enhanced Quality Management System It is established and maintained, which ensure the development and unification of each of its basic dimensions (strategy, structure, processes and methods, management, support, ethical aspects, communication, change management, measurement and evaluation);
- The results of fulfilling this obligation To be available to the public.
To this end, the Institute mobilizes its employees to participate in the development of standards, tools and quality system, the appropriateness of relevant documents, the application of institutional standards and norms in its work. and make recommendations for improving the approach and content.
Tools and software to achieve quality objectives
#Quality #reach #organizations #INSPQ