If you rent a motor for 1Verse July, here are some tips to guide your negotiations.
Between 200,000 and 250,000 Quebecers will move in 1Verse July.
My colleagues from the newspaper 24 hours She suggests that Robert Bowers’ government would have made it law in the 1970s, following a tradition dating back to the adoption of the first Quebec Civil Code (1866). This procedure is no longer mandatory.
To better protect yourself, you should shop for your mover, especially online: fondationmenageurs.ca or fqdp.ca. Otherwise, a good mover will ask for the number of rooms and furniture, if there are lifts, parking, the departure and arrival floor… Twice the usual hourly rate for two men, excluding mileage. The motor usually takes 1 hour per piece.
According to a recent survey by HelloSafe, one in three Quebecers are giving up moving due to cost issues.
Check engine registration with the Quebec Transportation Commission (https://www.pes.ctq.gouv.qc.ca/pes/faces/dossierclient/recherche.jsp).
Ask for proof of license and insurance (liability insurance must be at least 1 million). Does it include your merchandise (new value minus deductible)?
If you make a security deposit, it should be as low as possible. Pay the balance only at the end of the transfer (the mover has the right to refuse to unload the last item without paying it…).
Ask for a written contract containing the hourly rate, mileage, various costs, payment method, deposit, full contact details of the mover, departure and arrival dates and addresses (details: https://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/consommateur/bien-service/habitation-renovation/demenagement/conseils/demander-un-contrat/).
- Contact your insurance company before moving. Usually, your possessions are covered by your home insurance (info: https://infoassurance.ca/fr/blogue/Did-you-know-home/couverture-pendant-le-demenagement.aspx).
- Ask for recommendations from loved ones who have had this experience recently. Beware of movers who only advertise in classifieds and do not provide a civil address. Has your mover ever received an official notification from a customer? We check here: opc.gouv.qc.ca/enquire.
- If possible, choose a motor located near your new home, because mileage calculation is done from the main office or garage.
- Determine your needs and fear nothing about movers, especially if you have a piano, valuables or fragile items, if the place of departure or access can be reached by spiral staircase, etc.
- Be prepared: All of your chests, all of your items must be packed the day before the move in. Label the contents of your boxes, especially for the fragile ones. Engine mattress covers are a must!
- It is best to move plants, important documents, jewelry, trinkets, artwork, electronics and computers to your personal vehicle.
- If you need to come close twice to each other, some transfer tools offer temporary storage.
- Photos (with your phone) of the status of the accommodation you are leaving (once it is emptied) and the condition of the new accommodation before moving there; Keep this guide in case of conflict with owners.
- Offer water or juice if hot and with a tip ($10 or $20 per person).
- reading : https://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/consommateur/bien-service/habitation-renovation/demenagement/fiche-conseil/ • https://ised-isde.canada.ca/site/consumer-office/en/buying-renting-expensive-items/moving-tips/moving-tips
#negotiate #painlessly #mover